Kaylyn Murphy Awarded Foley Graduate Fellowship

Katherine Murphy

Kaylyn Murphy ’18, Environmental Studies, has recently accepted the Foley Graduate Fellowship in Natural Science Education with Walking Mountains Science Center in Colorado. The fellowship, which Kaylyn will begin in May 2021, is a full-time, 2 year and 3 month professional development program that focuses on K-12 field science education in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Fellows put their passion for environmentalism to work to awaken a sense of wonder and inspire environmental sustainability and stewardship through natural science education.

Natural Science educators dedicate their time to experiential and life-long learning while attaining their Masters Degree in Science Education from the University of Northern Colorado. Fellows use their course material to guide them in their everyday duties out in the field to enhance teaching skills, build upon instructional strategies, develop curriculum design techniques and have a chance to fully immerse themselves in the backcountry of Colorado.

Learn more about the fellowship here.

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more
Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.

read more