ESS Professor On 19th Century Milk Scandal

Environmental Studies and Science Professor E. Melanie DuPuis, PhD, was quoted in the online magazine Atlas Obscura on the swill milk scandal which led to the poisoning deaths of thousands of infants in nineteenth-century New York. DuPuis is an authority on milk and American dietary policy.

Read the article here.

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more
Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.

read more