Decoding the Weather Machine

In an event co-hosted with the NYC Environmental Justice Alliance, Pace hosted accomplished panelists Ryan Chavez of Uprose, Danny Peralta of The Point CDC, Leslie Velasquez of El Puente, and Anne Toomey, PhD, assistant professor in the Environmental Studies and Science department to discuss how a changing climate is impacting New York City’s most vulnerable residents and some of the actions their organizations are taking to fight this impact.

Samantha Miller

Samantha Miller

Program Manager

Dyson College Institute for Sustainability and the Environment

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more
Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.

read more