Food Across Borders

E. Melanie DuPuis, PhD, Environmental Studies and Science professor, contributed to and co-edited the book, “Food Across Borders,” about the contiguity between personal decisions about what we eat and the social and geopolitical processes which secure nourishment, territory, and belonging.

Learn more about “Food Across Borders” here.

In the Meant to be Eaten podcast, E. Melanie DuPuis, PhD, and her co-editors discuss their book “Food Across Borders” and the “contiguity between the intimate decisions we make as individuals concerning what we eat and the social and geopolitical processes we enact to secure nourishment, territory, and belonging.” 

Listen to the podcast here.

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more
Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.

read more