ESS Student-Led Paper Gets Published

Tatyana Graham ’22, BA in Environmental Science, Brielle Manzolillo ’17, BA in Environmental Studies and Nadya Hall ’18, MA in Environmental Policy, recently had their research published in Cities and the Environment, an academic journal focused on the ecology of urban communities. With the help of Assistant Professor Anne Toomey, PhD, they completed an extensive investigation of the significance of coyotes in New York State. The paper looks at the differences in perceptions of coyotes among urban and suburban park users.

Read the paper here.

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more
Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.

read more