Defending the Hudson River

Engaging in one of the most potentially volatile Hudson River controversies in years, Pace University Environmental Policy Clinic students participated in an official US Coast Guard process of governance and policy.

This November, Christina Thomas ’19, Environmental Studies, and Margaret (Peggy) Doyle ’19, Economics, were invited by the US Coast Guard to be official observers at a Port and Waterway Safety Assessment (PAWSA) workshop in Poughkeepsie, New York. It was the first public step in studying a Coast Guard plan to permit 43 special anchorages on the Hudson River where commercial ships, many carrying petroleum products, could drop anchor.

Read more

Recent Posts

Read On Waterwire: My Summer of Extreme Weather

Read on Waterwire: Julia Corrado ’23 describes her time working with the Waterfront Alliance as a climate advocacy and policy fellow. “When I started the fellowship, I was excited simply to work in my field of interest with people whose goals I share. I’m ending my time with the Alliance with a full-time position in the field, pursuing aligned goals.”

read more