ESS Student Wins Jefferson Awards for Public Service

Taylor Internship

Taylor Ganis ‘21 has won a Jefferson Award for Public Service, recognizing individuals for their public and volunteer service, and dedication to improving the quality of life in their communities. Taylor is a Dyson College student with a major in Environmental Studies on the Pleasantville Campus. Taylor has been an active volunteer in her community for the last decade, being awarded a Certificate of Appreciation in 2017 for outstanding volunteer service in Putnam County. She was a top fundraiser for The Alzheimer’s Association and for Relay for Life, and is a Peer Educator of Pace “FIRE” (Fighting Ignorance and Rape with Education). As a Pace student she completed two Civic Engagement and Public Value courses; Canines Assisting in Health and Animals in Society.

She currently focuses her volunteer efforts on environmental issues. She is president of the Pace NATURE club, an environmental advocate, a volunteer at the Wolf Center in North Salem, a member of Gamma Sigma Sigma (which is a national service sorority), a volunteer at Animal Nation farm sanctuary, and also supports research efforts at Rockefeller State Park Preserve- all with the aim to preserve and protect wildlife within our environment.

Read more here.

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more
Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.

read more