Soil Restoration Project at Pace’s NYC Garden

In early April, the Pace Sustainability Committee (PSI), a student-run environmental organization, coordinated a soil restoration project in Pace University’s New York City on-campus community garden. The soil will be used in the garden, located on the corner of Spruce Street and Gold Street, for this year’s harvest.

Pace’s Director of Multicultural Affairs, Dr. Denise Santiago facilitated a delivery of compost from the New York Restoration Project and PSI helped coordinate volunteers for the project.

Find out more about the New York Restoration Project, a non-profit organizations helping local communities, public agencies, and the private sector to acquire, create, maintain, and program public open spaces.

Follow PSI on Instagram @psi_pace and the Pace Produce Initiative, a committee of PSI @paceproduceinitiative.

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more
Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.

read more