Soil Restoration Project at Pace’s NYC Garden

In early April, the Pace Sustainability Committee (PSI), a student-run environmental organization, coordinated a soil restoration project in Pace University’s New York City on-campus community garden. The soil will be used in the garden, located on the corner of Spruce Street and Gold Street, for this year’s harvest.

Pace’s Director of Multicultural Affairs, Dr. Denise Santiago facilitated a delivery of compost from the New York Restoration Project and PSI helped coordinate volunteers for the project.

Find out more about the New York Restoration Project, a non-profit organizations helping local communities, public agencies, and the private sector to acquire, create, maintain, and program public open spaces.

Follow PSI on Instagram @psi_pace and the Pace Produce Initiative, a committee of PSI @paceproduceinitiative.

Recent Posts

Read On Waterwire: My Summer of Extreme Weather

Read on Waterwire: Julia Corrado ’23 describes her time working with the Waterfront Alliance as a climate advocacy and policy fellow. “When I started the fellowship, I was excited simply to work in my field of interest with people whose goals I share. I’m ending my time with the Alliance with a full-time position in the field, pursuing aligned goals.”

read more