Updates from Pace’s Pleasantville Garden

June 1, 2021

Environmental Studies student Lucas Andujar and professors Jane Collins and Kate Fink joined Angelo Spillo to officially start harvesting vegetables from the garden, including radishes, lettuce, and bok choy. The current focus is on reducing weeding by mulching and to get any remaining transplants into the ground.

May 15, 2021

Volunteers have been busy getting Pace University’s Pleasantville garden ready for the season. Led by Professors Angelo Spillo and Shobana Musti, students from the Environmental Studies and MS in Nutrition and Dietetics programs at Pace helped move plants out of pots and into the garden.

The focus last week was to transplant lettuce, spinach, beans, squash, melons, beets, cucumbers, and a few others. So far, the garden is doing well despite the late start.

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more
Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.

read more