ESS Professor Awarded $499K NSF Grant

Professors Matthew Aiello-Lammens, PhD, and Erika Crispo, PhD, have received a $499,354 five-year award from the National Science Foundation for their project, RCN-UBE: Biological and Environmental Data Education Network: Preparing Instructors to Integrate Data Science into Undergraduate Biology and Environmental Science Curricula.

The project aims to serve the national interest by building and supporting an engaged community of college instructors trained in integrating data science skills across introductory biology and environmental science curricula. With funding from the grant, Professors Aiello-Lammens and Crispo, along with three other Co-PIs from several institutions, will be hosting the first meeting of the BEDE Network at Pace in June 2022.

Read more

Learn more about the grant

Recent Posts

Read On Waterwire: My Summer of Extreme Weather

Read on Waterwire: Julia Corrado ’23 describes her time working with the Waterfront Alliance as a climate advocacy and policy fellow. “When I started the fellowship, I was excited simply to work in my field of interest with people whose goals I share. I’m ending my time with the Alliance with a full-time position in the field, pursuing aligned goals.”

read more