Force of Nature: Maddie Feaster ’21

Growing up on Long Island, Maddie Feaster ’21, MA Environmental Policy and Coast Guard Veteran, has always loved the water.

And that love has guided many of her decisions in her adult life – from joining the Coast Guard at age 18, to continuing her studies in Pace University’s Master of Art in Environmental Policy program, to serving as a legislative advocacy intern at Riverkeeper, Inc.

Through this latest work with Riverkeeper, an opportunity she was awarded through Pace’s Gabel Fellowship, Feaster was invited by her supervisor to testify at a New York State Environmental Conservation Committee public hearing on September 20 at the capitol building in Albany, New York. The issue at hand – a moratorium on certain neonicotinoid pesticides in commercial farming – is one close to home for Feaster.

Read the full article in the Dyson Digital Digest

Recent Posts

Read On Waterwire: My Summer of Extreme Weather

Read on Waterwire: Julia Corrado ’23 describes her time working with the Waterfront Alliance as a climate advocacy and policy fellow. “When I started the fellowship, I was excited simply to work in my field of interest with people whose goals I share. I’m ending my time with the Alliance with a full-time position in the field, pursuing aligned goals.”

read more
Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more