The Impact of Agriculture on Water Quality in Southern Trinidad

Read on the Pace University Undergraduate Research blog: The Impact of Agriculture on Water Quality in Southern Trinidad

By Danny Deo

From June 10th – July 30th, I conducted field work in Southern Trinidad to find out the impact of agriculture on water quality, specifically how agricultural runoff contributes to microbial and nutrient (nitrogen, phosphorus) pollution, and impacts macroinvertebrate communities (an ecological indicator for overall ecological integrity). I conducted water and macroinvertebrate sampling during both the wet and dry seasons (Summer–Fall 2018) in two different river systems in Southern Trinidad, one that is heavily developed by agriculture (South Oropouche river) and the other with low levels of human land use (Moruga river). Read the full article here.

Article reposted from Pace University’s Undergraduate Research blog.

Danny Deo '19

Danny Deo '19

Environmental Science Student

Danny Deo is pursuing a BS in Environmental Science at Pace University.

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

read more
Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.

read more