Listen on JPR: Cougars As Ecosystem Engineers

Listen on Jefferson Public Radio:

Cougars As Ecosystem Engineers

Josh Barry ’19, was recently interviewed on Jefferson Public Radio with Panthera’s Puma Program Director, Mark Elbroch. Josh talks about the graduate research he is doing with Panthera into the role mountain lions play in ecosystems, specifically in the greater Yellowstone National Park ecosystem. He is studying the resources created by the mountain lion’s carrion on beetle (and other invertebrate) communities in Yellowstone. 

Jefferson Public Radio is a radio program of Southern Oregon University that feeds the human intellectual and creative spirit of Southern Oregon and Northern California communities striving to build a diverse, tolerant community of informed, globally-aware citizens through fact-based journalism and programs that stimulate civic discourse, inspire community engagement, celebrate music and foster the art of storytelling.

Recent Posts

Recycling Right with Sustainable Westchester

Environmental Studies student Brooklyn Flick ’24 shares her experience interning at Sustainable Westchester. “As I move forward in my college career, I have begun to desire a way to put into practice what I have been learning in my classes. Therefore, when the opportunity to work with a company called “Sustainable Westchester” in their Zero Waste division opened up, I knew it sounded exactly right; or Recycle Right as I was later told.”

Fall 2022 Speaker Series: Environmental Science and Policy

The Environmental Studies and Science department is hosting a Fall Speaker Series on Environmental Science and Policy. Our kick-off event on September 29 is a virtual webinar by Dr. Susanne Moser about science-practice interaction and communication on climate change resilience.